Saturday, September 25, 2010

Sitting, Waiting, Watching, Hoping.

As i've been sitting here passing time looking over old notes i've written, I've realized a pattern. As some of them have been made, mainly out of boredom, many of them have been made out of conflict, and anger. Some about conflict with friends, and a couple about conflict with family. I've realized over time, conflict is pointless. It's always going to happen, and we will get involved in conflict some way or another for as long as we possibly can. To be serious though, what's the point of it? It gets us worked up and proves one or the other wrong. It wastes energy and takes things away from us. It may be fun at first, but it always ends in sadness and usually the loss of a friend or family member. Conflict only ever makes things harder. Taking my note about Kinda Hancock for example. My fathers sister to whom I once referred to as my Aunt. Starting the fight saying she was sticking up for me by bashing my mother was a mistake, spreading rumours and other slander lost me as her Niece permanently. Now, she once said my mother raised us as disrespectful. She was once again wrong as I now say "Hi" when I see her, to be respectful even though the things she said hurt, and always will hurt me and my family. If that was the purpose of her words, it was low. I still want to know why though. Why she did all of that. some things go unanswered. Sometimes it's better that way. That gave her 5 less nieces, and me and my siblings one less aunt. The point to this is to say that conflict takes things no where. If something isn't your business, don't make it your business. Usually it's not the smartest thing to do. I've learned also that taking things into your own hands, isn't always the best thing to do, even when you think it is. My mom always told me to think about what I was going to do or say before I did or said it. I'm slowly learning that it's so true. Actions mean everything, so make good ones. If your in need of attention, don't get involved in conflict. Do something good rather, and make it good attention instead of bad. Let people know that you're too good for drama, and that your smart enough to know that it's never worth it. This note was to make a point. But the point wasn't just that drama and conflict and fights aren't worth it. The point was that it causes things. Drama makes things happen that don't otherwise. Drama drains you, if the fight is working for you, it doesn't always the next time. While you're winning the fight, the other person is dead inside. Another fail, another lose. And next time it's you that it happens to. So can you please tell me the point of it? Because it would really comfort me to find out. For I think there is no point. Be happy. Live life to the fullest. Have dreams, and make them come true. Go places in life, do whatever makes you proud of yourself. Oh, and one last thing, live life for you, and not anyone else. That's all. Thank-you.

No comments:

Post a Comment